Even though Starburst was launched by Net Entertainment (NetEnt) in 2012, it is a slot completely devoid of scatter symbols, bonus symbols, free spins mode, bonus games, and interactivity. The number of paylines is a mere ten. Despite this austerity, or maybe because of this, Starburt is an exceptionally popular NetEnt slot. It is very highly regarded among players that like to focus on the base game and its spinning reels rather then being swept away to complex bonus rounds.
There is just one special symbol in Starburst, and that is an Expanding Wild with re-spin.
Another notable Starburst feature is the fact that it is a Win Both Ways slot, so you can form a winning symbol combination from right to left as well as from left to right.
Starburst is a very colorful slot with 5 reels and 10 paylines. The reels are adorned with beautiful stones, such as the green emerald, the yellow beryl, the blue sapphire, the purple amethyst and the orange fire opal.
There is no progressive jackpot, but you can win a fixed 50,000 coin jackpot. With the highest possible coin value (€1) that means a €50,000 win.
- You decide how many paylines to activate (bet on) when you play Starburst, from 1 payline to 10 paylines.
- You can adjust how many coins to bet per activated payline, from 1 coin to 10 coins per payline.
- You can adjust the coin value, from €0.01 to €1.
- The smallest possible bet on a round of Starburst is €0.01 x 1 payline x 1 coin = €0.01.
- The largest possible bet on a round of Starburst is €1 x 10 paylines x 10 coins = €100.
Expanding wild with re-spin
When you play Starburst, you can get help from an Expanding Wild. This Expanding Wild can only show up on reels 2-4, never on the first or on the fifth reel.
When the Expanding Wild symbol appears on a reel, it will always spread to cover the entire reel, and it will also give you a re-spin. The wild reel stays wild, while the other reels spin again. If a new Expanding Wild appears during the re-spins, you will be given another re-spin. This way, you can get up to three re-spins in a row.