Mega Moolah is a cute slot with a cartoonish theme where the reels are adorned with various African animals, such as lions, zebras, monkey, antelopes, elephants and giraffes.
Mega Moolah has four (4!) progressive jackpots, including the famous Mega Moolah Mega Jackpot which starts at €/$/£1 million. The Mega Moolah Mega Jackpot is a pooled jackpot fed jointly by a multitude of casinos, and it is fed by five different slot machines: Mega Moolah, Mega Moolah Isis, Mega Moolah 5 Reel Drive, Mega Moolah Summertime, and The Dark Knight. One example of a big Mega Moolah Mega Jackpot payout is the $7,561,766 jackpot won in Crazy Vegas Casino in April 2015.
The Mega Moolah slot was released by Microgaming in 2006, so don’t expect advanced 3D animations or super-complex game features. This game has 5 reels, 25 paylines and basic features such as wild, scatter, win multiplier, free spins mode and a wheel-of-fortune bonus game. The RTP is 94.12 percent.
- You decide how many paylines to activate (bet on), from 1 to 25 paylines.
- You can adjust how many coins to bet on each activated payline. The options are 1 coin, 2 coins, 3 coins, 4 coins or 5 coins.
- You can adjust the coin value, from €0.01 to €0.05.
- The smallest possible bet on Mega Moolah is €0.01 x 1 payline x 1 coin = €0.01 per round.
- The largest possible bet on Mega Moolah is €0.05 x 25 paylines x 5 coins = €6.25 per round.
- You have a chance of winning any of the progressive jackpots even on a €0.01 wager, but your chance of winning a progressive jackpot will increase with the size of your bet. This means that your chance of winning a progressive Mega Moolah jackpot is significantly larger with a €6.25 wager than on a €0.01 wager.
The lion is wild (and a win multiplier)
The wild symbol in Mega Moolah is a lion. The lion can substitute for any symbol expect the scatter symbol (the monkey).
When a wild symbol substitute for another symbol to help you create a winning combination, the win is doubled.
Free spins mode
The scatter symbol in Mega Moolah is a monkey. You need at least three scatters, anywhere on the reels, to trigger free spins mode and receive 15 free spins.
During free spins, all coin wins are multiplied by 3.
It is possible to trigger free spins during free spins.
It is possible to trigger the bonus game during free spins, but the win multiplier will not apply to any bonus game wins.
Most slots have a bonus symbol that’s responsible for triggering the bonus game, but that is not the case with Mega Moolah. Instead, the bonus game can start regardless of the symbols on the reels. This adds a little extra bit of excitement to playing Mega Moolah, especially when we consider that the four progressive jackpots can be won in the bonus game and only in the bonus game. When you have triggered the bonus game, you are guaranteed to win one of the progressive jackpots.
When the bonus game starts, the reels will vanish from your screen and you will see a wheel of fortune instead. The wheel of fortune has 20 fields and each field contains the tracks (paw prints) of an animal.
Ten of fields have zebra tracks, and if the wheel of fortune stops in any of these fields you win the Mega Moolah Mini Jackpot. Six of the fields have giraffe tracks, and will give you the Mega Moolah Minor Jackpot. Only three of the fields are adorned with elephant tracks, and if the wheel of fortune stops here you get the Mega Moolah Major Jackpot which seeds at €10,000 and tend to be quite big when it pays out. Finally, there is one field on the wheel of fortune with lion tracks. If the wheel of fortune stops here, it means that you have won the huge Mega Moolah Mega Jackpot. This jackpot starts at €1 million so there is always plenty of money to win even if the Mega Jackpot paid out recently.
Information about the progressive jackpots
- The Mega Moolah Mini Jackpot starts at €10.
- The Mega Moolah Minor Jackpot starts at €100.
- The Mega Moolah Major Jackpot starts at €10,000.
- The Mega Moolah Mega Jackpot starts at €1 million.