Dead or Alive is a slot machine with a Wild West theme, so the reels are adorned with cowboy boots, cowboy hats, revolvers, wanted posters, etc. This slot machine has a free spins mode with Sticky Wilds that is famous for its ability to be highly rewarding. When you trigger free spins mode you get 12 free spins, but it is possible to receive additional free spins while in free spins mode.
The often generous free spins mode is balanced by a base game that is known to be considerably less generous, which means that Dead or Alive is a high variance slot. Don’t be surprised if you enter into a long period of no wins or just very small wins in the base game. This doesn’t mean that Dead or Alive is a boring slot. On the contrary, Dead or Alive has a lot of hardcore fans that absolutely low the combination of high variance and a high RTP. The RPT for Dead or Alive is a lofty 96.8 percent.
Dead or Alive was released in 2009. This slot has 5 reels and just 9 paylines. There is no interactive bonus game available and there is no progressive jackpot. Focus is on the free spins mode, where you can get help from Sticky Wilds.
- You decide how many paylines to activate (bet on), from 1 to 9 paylines.
- You can adjust how many coins to bet per activated payline. You options are 1 coin, 2 coins, 3 coins or 4 coins.
- You can adjust the coin value, from €0.01 to €0.50.
- The smallest possible wager on a round of Dead or Alive is €0.01 x 1 payline x 1 coin = €0.01.
- The largest possible wager on a round of Dead or Alive is €0.50 x 9 paylines x 4 coin = €18.
- Dead or alive is a popular game among high rollers. Click here to learn more about what makes this slot so popular among players who enjoy playing with large stakes.
In the base game, there is one wild symbol: the regular wanted poster. This poster says Wanted – Dead or Alive – Outlaw. This wild symbol can substitute for any symbol with one exception, the scatter symbol.
Free spins mode
The scatter symbol in Dead or Alive depicts two revolvers from legendary American firearms manufacturer Colt. You need to get a minimum of three scatter symbols, anywhere on the reels, to receive 12 free spins.
While you are in free spins mode, the standard wild symbol is replaced by five other wild symbols. Instead of the generic wanted poster from the base game, these five wild symbols are five specific wanted posters for five different outlaws: Jesse James, Apache Kid, Della Rose, Belle Star and Billy the Kid. These five specific wanted posters are all Sticky Wild symbols. When a Sticky Wild appears, it will freeze into position and stay there for the rest of your free spins.
If you manage to get at least one wanted poster on each of the five reels in free spins mode, you get 5 additional free spins.