Launched in 2013, this is a slot machine based on the famous horror movie Creature from the Black Lagoon from 1954. The slot is the result of Swedish game developer NetEnt working together with the U.S. film studio Universal.
Instead of basing the game on stills from the movie, NetEnt has drawn a cartoonish game in the same style as the old Creature from the Black Lagoon movie poster from 1954. The result is highly visually appealing for anyone who likes this old 1950s vintage style.
Creature from the Black Lagoon Slot doesn’t have a progressive jackpot. The RTP for this slot is 96.5 percent. There is a fixed jackpot comprised of 7.500 coins. If you are playing with the highest possible coin value (€0.50) this means a €3,500 win.
- Creature from the Black Lagoon is always played with all 20 paylines active. You can not elect to be on fewer than 20 paylines.
- You decide how many coins to bet per payline, from 1 to 10 coins per payline.
- You can adjust the coin value, from €0.01 to €0.50.
- The smallest possible wager on a round of Creature from the Black Lagoon is €0.01 x 20 paylines x 1 coin = €0.20.
- The largest possible wager on a round of Creature from the Black Lagoon is €0.50 x 20 paylines x 10 coins = €100.
Creature from the Black Lagoon has several different wild symbols. The base game has a standard wild symbol, while the free spins mode has special (and more powerful) wild symbols.
Free spins mode with monster hunt feature
You need at least three free spin symbols in the base game to trigger free spins mode. The more free spin symbols that triggers the free spins mode, the more free spins you get.
- 3 free spin symbols will give you 10 free spins
- 4 free spin symbols will give you 15 free spins
- 5 free spin symbols will give you 20 free spins
The free spins mode has been inspired by the part of the movie where the Creature kidnaps Kay. If a reticle (crosshair) shows up on reel #5 in free spins mode, you can use it to take aim and fire at the Creature. In the right lower corner of your screen you will find information about how much injury you caused with your shot. Each time you manage to hit the kidnapper, its health condition will deteriorate. There are four different levels.
Level 1: At this level, the standard wild symbol can turn into a Sticky Wild with Re-Spin.
Level 2: At this level, you can be helped by an Expanding Wild with Re-Spin. The Expanding Wild (also known as Spreading Wild) always spreads horizontally, not vertically.
Level 3: At this level, another type of wild symbol can join the fun. This wild symbol is an Expanding Wild with Re-Spin that is capable of expanding horizontally to the right and to the left.
Level 4: At this level, you have a chance of receiving 10 additional free spins. You can also be helped by the powerful level-3 wild symbol.